1) Favorite Movie? Are you more the antagonist or protagonist? Why?
Honestly, even though I’m 30, I love most Dreamworks and Pixar movies!
2) Before joining RLAF what was your biggest struggle? What were your biggest frustrations? Do you still have them now?
I was not new to CrossFit before joining RLAF. And if you don’t know me, I don’t exactly have a strength athlete’s body. I am a small person with a tiny frame. I always struggled with being able to put weight on the bar and felt stuck. I wasn’t really building any muscle. I really have surprised myself with some of the weight that I can do now!
3) What was it about RLAF that made you join? What made you stay with us?
My fiancée and I were looking for a new gym to try out and wanted to go to one that was closer to our home. He went first to try it out and I followed a few months later. I immediately felt welcome and haven’t looked back!
4) Top 2 Fav place to eat in Rockland County and what do you order there?
Bailey’s for the macaroni and cheese egg rolls, Blu Fig for the zucchini chips and all the sandwiches!
5) How did RLAF program help you? How is Life different for you now?
I am able to lift more weight than I ever thought I could, which is exciting! And I’m able to do some new skills that I never thought were possible! I’ve met some great people, friends and coaches. I’m happy to have found people who believe in me more than I believe in myself!
6) Were there any specific goals that you reached that you are particularly proud of? How did it make you feel?
Yes! I recently have been able to link my toes-to-bar, do a few butterfly pull-ups, hold a free-standing handstand for a few seconds, handstand walk a few steps, and overhead squat 90 pounds! I love being able to push my body and see what I am truly capable of doing. I am always happily surprised! I am low-key super competitive, so I really want to be able to do every skill. One day I hope to be able to RX an open workout and get triple digits overhead! Unfortunately, I am currently nursing my shoulder, so I’ve had to stop doing quite a few things, but with Coach Jon’s help, I hope to be back to normal soon!
7) Do you feel you are awesomer being with RLAF?
Of course! I’m mind-blown at what I can do.
8) What would you tell someone interested in joining RLAF?
Do it! I love Crossfit and the community of people that I have met here. It truly is wonderful to push yourself and see what your body is capable of doing! “It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” How’s that for some motivation?!
Ready to start your own fitness journey? click on the link below and let’s talk!