1) Before joining CFRL what was your biggest struggle? What were your biggest frustrations?
I had 2 struggles: Before joining CFRL/RLAF my first struggle was finding a gym that I felt comfortable being myself. As many of us athletes know, I am a very loud and energetic. Most gyms I tried didn’t have the family feel, so talking to someone was kinda awkward. My second struggle was programming my own workouts and actually following through with them.
2) How did your struggle and frustrations affect your life? What did you feel like before joining CFRL?
These struggles kept me bottled up inside. I had nobody to hold me accountable for my action or lack there of. As crazy as it may sound I felt lost. I knew what I wanted but I could get it.
3) What was it about CFRL that made you join?
I love to ride and 303 was a normal route I would take. Let me add…. I AM A GYM BRO. So CrossFit is a no no. I would see the CFRL sign all the time but never saw anyone outside. I liked this mysterious vibe I got, so I caved. As I walked in, I saw a young man that I knew when he was 5. Then Coach Charly came up and introduced himself to me and let me boast and brag about my gym life. He is the real reason I am here today.
4) What made you stay with us? What do you enjoy the most about CFRL?
After making the decision to try a class I was hooked and I only took Charly’s classes for a couple months. Once I felt comfortable I took a chance with other coaches. What I learned here is that we all have so much to offer each other and the community we all have built facilitates that.
What I enjoy most about CFRL/RLAF is the trash talking and the encouragement between members. For instance this cycle I didn’t PR my lifts but watching my teammates PR was just as good. In some ways better.
5) How did our program help you? How is Life different for you now?
So the programming took some time to get used to. I went from training with UFC fighters to getting fat, lifting heavy, and calling jiu jitsu my cardio, all over night. The metabolic conditioning helped me get back to the beast I once was. OK, not there yet but a man can dream, right? My life has definitely changed for the better. I have more energy, more time (believe it or not), and more passion to do what makes me happy.
6) Were there any specific goals that you reached that you are particularly proud of? How did it make you feel?
I only had one goal and I’m not there yet but in the right light you can see a small six pack….. Or maybe its the spray tan….LOL
7) What would you tell someone interested in joining CFRL?
Don’t waste your time looking anywhere else. WE ARE THE FRIENDLIEST AND CLEANEST GYM IN ROCKLAND. Oh yeah and the members are LEGENDARY!!!
8) Is there anything personal you would like to add?
I really love this place and appreciate the opportunity that was given to me. Thank you for allowing me to run a Powerlifting class.